Courtesy of the Burton Historical Collection, Detroit Public Library
The Detroit Fire Department's Engine Company No. 4 was erected in 1871. In 1918, it was replaced with an updated facility, seen in this 1976 photograph:
The building still stands today, but it no longer serves as a fire station. It has been converted into the law offices of Gregory J. Reed & Associates. This intersection is half a block from the Susan Buchanan House, profiled previously.